Anyone interested in volunteering with Our Daily Bread may contact Lee Molz at (864) 985-0855 or Email.
Our volunteers contribute in the following ways: plan weekly menus, prepare and serve meals, coordinate and assist in food pickup from donors, inventory and organize food supplies, schedule and supervise volunteers, interface with clients and clean facility for next day operation.
Area youth have shown an overwhelming interest in being involved in Our Daily Bread’s mission. Our Daily Bread encourages the participation of youth. Youth ages 14 -15 may volunteer by bagging, serving food, assisting our clients, but may not be involved in food preparation, youth ages 16-17 may assist in food preparation, but are restricted from working with equipment that is considered hazardous. There is no restriction for individuals 18 and older.
ITEMS WE CAN ACCEPT AS DONATIONS:
Canned Goods: Any canned food item that has not exceeded it’s expiration date.
- canned foods
- green peas
- green beans
- mixed vegetables
- tomato sauce and paste
- canned potatoes
- collard greens
- any canned beans (black eyed peas, baked beans, pinto beans etc.)
- cream soups (cream of mushroom, cream of chicken)
- canned soups and beff stew, canned chili
- chicken and beef broth
- canned fruit – any kind (pears, apple sauce, peaches, pineapple)
- canned sweet potatoes
- canned salmon
- canned tuna
- canned chicken
- fresh onions
- crackers, any kind
- fresh fruit, any kind
- salad dressings (ranch & 1000 island especially)
- cooking oil, olive oil
- instant mashed potatoes
- instant rice
- mustard (yellow)
- hot sauce
- large family size tea bags
- ground coffee
- coffee creamer
- sweetener – individual packets (such as Sweet & Low)
- black pepper
- large soft drinks
- peanut butter
- commercially prepared jelly
- commercially prepared pickles
- noodles & pasta (spaghetti, macaroni, etc.)
- plates 9 inch, segmented dinner plate size, 7 inch size
- styrofoam soup bowls
- paper napkins
- cups 12-16 oz. size, 8 oz. size
- paper towels
- plastic sporks, and soup spoons
- large sizes of plastic wrap, aluminum foil, Ziploc bags
- gallon size Clorox bleach
- dishwashing detergent
We can only accept meats such as frozen turkeys, which have come straight from the store, we can’t accept things like venison.
We can accept and encourage fresh vegetables from home gardens.
We cannot accept any home canned products such as jellies or preserves.
We do not take clothing or bedding, please contact Our Daily Rest, or some other agency for these items.